Saturday, July 11, 2009

Storm before the Peace

As my dear friend, Melina and I drove across Washington to Loon Lake, we passed seven or more dust devils (mini tornadoes). It was thrilling. We joked, hoping the largest would dissipate as the road and the tornado's path became one. Of course it did. It reminded me of the sand storm that Patrick Hogan, Linda Danforth and I were caught in beside the Niger River in the port city of Mopti, Mali, West Africa, the chaos and the peace that followed.

We arrived at Loon Lake in time for dinner, a peaceful lull in the hammock and to catch the serene last rays of the setting sun.



Storms are natural in life. Humidity and fluctuating temperatures, the calm that follows is a moment of wondrous, easy peace. The perfect moment to simply be.






This is my life right now. Thank God, my family and good decision making.

No comments: