Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Yo Quiero- We got a puppy dog!

Dylan has been asking for a Chihuahua for over a year. Not just any dog- a Chihuahua. As we've been living in peace and harmony with new rules and respect in the house I was actually thinking about it. During the past year, I've always said, "No way." I haven't really liked a dog since my dachshund when I was a little girl. And ooooh the responsibility (wrinkled brow and sigh.)

Well the lesson at Genesis this week was about feeling joy. I almost felt like Rev. Charles was speaking right to me about letting go of the need to work too hard and taking life too seriously. Separately we had a great conversation about the lightness he's seen return in my spirit during the last month. Of course I busted out a famous machine gun laugh to celebrate the call for free, joyous expression.



Along those lines, I had a joyous weekend and on Sunday night God sent more joy to our house. My friend showed up with not one, but two Chihuahua puppies in need of a good home. The big fat begging lip showed up on Dyan's adorable face. I thought to myself, "Ok, God, I hear ya."

We played, laughed, rolled around with the disgustingly adorable spotted, blue eyed pup.

After much deliberation (I am still very serious.) and agreements with Dylan about responsibilities and chores- we decided to keep her. We didn't keep both pups, but we are now a family complete with one disgustingly adorable salt and pepper spotted, blue eyed chihuahua puppy.

Now for a name...Suggestions. I was thinking Faith? or Joy?

No comments: