Friday, September 25, 2009

Good Times

Dylan and I have hit our work hard, play hard stride. Dylan's grades have skyrocketed. He is taking caring for the pups seriously. And soccer is in full gear. My dear friend Karl Kilga (Claire and Travis' dad) is D-man's soccer coach.



Karl works the boys out so hard they come home EXHAUSTED.












The Kilga kids, Karl, Dylan and I have been close for years; I even taught Claire how to ride her bike. While the boys work the soccer field, Claire and I relax with the puppies, swing on the playground and taunt each other with double dutch jump rope challenges. With work in full gear (The US Treasury CDFI Fund opened a new $113 million round) and my promise not to work at all after picking Dylan up from school, Tuesdays and Thursdays have officially become my favorite days of the week.



Melina and I are embracing a tremendous work milestone this week. We are celebrating the one year anniversary of our business with gratitude for the amazing people we work with and good that we are doing. As I've said before, the world is reflecting our good intentions back at us. It is amazing. I never dreamed our business would be so healthy after one year. I cried tears of joy this week. The sustainability is awe inspiring as we add new clients from across the country every week including credit unions in Sonoma and Louisiana this last week. Thank God. Thank God. Good times.

No comments: